Two Kotoko officials fined GH¢10,000, handed five-match bans

Author: Peter Sarbah
Kennedy Boakye Ansah
Kennedy Boakye Ansah

Two Asante Kotoko officials have been slapped with GH¢10,000 fine and five-match ban each from all football related activities.

Public Relations Officer of the club, Kennedy Boakye Ansah and a management member, Isaac Donkor have both been charged for their various roles that were said to allegedly incited their fans to misconduct themselves during their Premier League game against Berekum Chelsea.

A statement issued by the Ghana Football Association (GFA) said both men allegedly invaded the inner perimeter of the stadium during the game and instructed their player, Ampem Dacosta, to disregard the referee’s red card decision.

“The club’s PRO’s actions brought the game to a temporary halt, which eventually gave Kotoko’s supporters the zeal to agitate contrary to Regulation 34(1)(a) of GFA Premier League Regulations.

“Mr Boakye Ansah’s actions were also deemed to have incited players against other players or match officials because of their decisions or encouraged an unhealthy demonstration in whatever form contrary to Regulation 34(1)(b) of GFA Premier League Regulations,” the statement said.

It, however, spelt out some sanctions that both officials must serve in case they accept the charges which include GH₵5000 each and five-match ban from all football-related activities.

Both officials have also been given the opportunity to challenge the ruling by close of working day on Friday by submitting their written responses to the Disciplinary Committee of the FA.

“The two officials are to submit written responses to the charges by close of work on Friday, January 24, 2020, on or before 5pm at the GFA Secretariat, or through email address to the Disciplinary Committee, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. failing which the Disciplinary Committee shall proceed to adjudicate the case without a Statement of Defence.

“Should this matter proceed to the Disciplinary Committee, it will hear the case on Friday, January 24, 2020, at 5:05pm at the GFA Secretariat if the Club is present or not,” the statement added.