Akufo-Addo leads Commonwealth Observer Mission to South AfricaBy: graphic.com.gh | Tuesday, 29 April 2014 16:22 | Category: Politics
The Presidential Candidate of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) in the 2012 Election, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has been appointed Chair of the Commonwealth Observer Mission for the South African elections.
Nana Addo, a former Foreign Affairs Minister was appointed by the Secretary General of the Commonwealth, Kamalesh Sharma, according to a statement released Tuesday and signed by his (Nana's) Press Secretary Eugene Arhin.
Nana Addo's team comprises Hon. Dorothy Pine-McLarty OJ, Chairperson of the Electoral Commission of Jamaica and Sheik Abdul Carimo Nordine Sau, who is the President of the National Elections Commission of Mozambique.
The national and provincial elections of South Africa are scheduled to take place on 7th May 2014.
Nana Akufo-Addo will leave Ghana on the 1st of May and will be away for the entire duration of the Mission, which lasts for two weeks, the statement said.
Most Read Stories
- Supreme Court orders Woyome to refund GhȻ51.2million
- 8 Foods to avoid before having sex
- Priest claims to be receiving text messages from the Devil
- I am NPP's best bet to winning power in 2016 - Akufo-Addo
- Abortion is legally permissible in Ghana
- Test on suspected Ebola victim negative
- Akufo-Addo starts campaign from birthplace today
- Kenyan MP's brother charged with killing own mother
- 10 Tips for staying married forever
- Reduce number of ministerial portfolios to 40 — Nduom