Akufo-Addo leads Commonwealth Observer Mission to South AfricaBy: graphic.com.gh | Tuesday, 29 April 2014 16:22 | Category: Politics
The Presidential Candidate of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) in the 2012 Election, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has been appointed Chair of the Commonwealth Observer Mission for the South African elections.
Nana Addo, a former Foreign Affairs Minister was appointed by the Secretary General of the Commonwealth, Kamalesh Sharma, according to a statement released Tuesday and signed by his (Nana's) Press Secretary Eugene Arhin.
Nana Addo's team comprises Hon. Dorothy Pine-McLarty OJ, Chairperson of the Electoral Commission of Jamaica and Sheik Abdul Carimo Nordine Sau, who is the President of the National Elections Commission of Mozambique.
The national and provincial elections of South Africa are scheduled to take place on 7th May 2014.
Nana Akufo-Addo will leave Ghana on the 1st of May and will be away for the entire duration of the Mission, which lasts for two weeks, the statement said.
Leave a comment
Comments longer than 1000 characters will be automatically deleted. Please avoid the use of hate/curse words. If your comment is longer than 1000 characters, kindly send it to email@example.com. Comments go through an approval system before they are published. Any comment with a link in it will be deleted.
Most Read Stories
- Castro dies in 2021 — So says the law
- Why no relationship is a waste of time
- Watch it, the palm wine you drink could be poisonous
- My God is not boring — Deniece Williams
- Who do you tip to win NPP super 5 contest?
- ‘Sycamore Medical Centre ready to meet needs of oil industry’
- We must not rest until Ebola is defeated - Prez Mahama
- Fear not, I’m still with you
- Hearts, Kotoko oldies clash Sunday
- Efya, Bessa to perform at +233