Akufo-Addo leads Commonwealth Observer Mission to South AfricaBy: graphic.com.gh | Tuesday, 29 April 2014 16:22 | Category: Politics
The Presidential Candidate of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) in the 2012 Election, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has been appointed Chair of the Commonwealth Observer Mission for the South African elections.
Nana Addo, a former Foreign Affairs Minister was appointed by the Secretary General of the Commonwealth, Kamalesh Sharma, according to a statement released Tuesday and signed by his (Nana's) Press Secretary Eugene Arhin.
Nana Addo's team comprises Hon. Dorothy Pine-McLarty OJ, Chairperson of the Electoral Commission of Jamaica and Sheik Abdul Carimo Nordine Sau, who is the President of the National Elections Commission of Mozambique.
The national and provincial elections of South Africa are scheduled to take place on 7th May 2014.
Nana Akufo-Addo will leave Ghana on the 1st of May and will be away for the entire duration of the Mission, which lasts for two weeks, the statement said.
Most Read Stories
- Massive Organised Labour demonstration rocks Ghana
- Mason sentenced to death for murdering friend
- Supreme Court stops Elelctoral Commission
- Akufo-Addo promises victory in 2016 as women endorse him
- Nigeria: Ex-president escapes death as 82 perish in Kaduna bomb blast
- Customs impounds 700 vehicles over tax evasion
- Businessman sues 4 lawyers over wrongful sale of house
- Organised labour demo hits Accra, regional capitals
- Interview: Sylvester Mensah shares thoughts with the world
- Ghana all star artist tribute song for Castro released