Akufo-Addo leads Commonwealth Observer Mission to South AfricaBy: graphic.com.gh | Tuesday, 29 April 2014 16:22 | Category: Politics
The Presidential Candidate of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) in the 2012 Election, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has been appointed Chair of the Commonwealth Observer Mission for the South African elections.
Nana Addo, a former Foreign Affairs Minister was appointed by the Secretary General of the Commonwealth, Kamalesh Sharma, according to a statement released Tuesday and signed by his (Nana's) Press Secretary Eugene Arhin.
Nana Addo's team comprises Hon. Dorothy Pine-McLarty OJ, Chairperson of the Electoral Commission of Jamaica and Sheik Abdul Carimo Nordine Sau, who is the President of the National Elections Commission of Mozambique.
The national and provincial elections of South Africa are scheduled to take place on 7th May 2014.
Nana Akufo-Addo will leave Ghana on the 1st of May and will be away for the entire duration of the Mission, which lasts for two weeks, the statement said.
Leave a comment
Your brief Comments, no longer than 200 words, are welcome. Avoid the use of hate/racist words. Comments with links are not permitted and will be deleted. Please send longer comments/articles/features to email@example.com. While the comments represent readers’ views, we reserve the right to remove offensive comments.
Most Read Stories
- Nine things you didn't know about sperm
- Why I dropped Kwarasey — Appiah
- 21 dead in Accra-Kumasi highway accident
- Benedicta's choice - Acting or boyfriend
- Joe Ghartey steps down from NPP flagbearership race
- Banku appeals to President for boxing gym
- Calls for Nana Addo to run alone are misguided – Arthur Kennedy
- Of Honorary Doctorates in Ghana;The use, misuse and abuse
- Abena Appiah is Miss Universe Ghana 2014
- Asabee, Apraku rejected; As Nana Akufo-Addo gets massive endorsement