A hearse carrying a corpse and seven other persons reportedly ran into a bridge at Agona Bobikuma in the Central Region and caught fire Friday night.
Information gathered indicated that five out of the seven persons on board were burnt to death.
Eyewitnesses said the accident happened around 5pm.
The hearse was said to be carrying the corpse for burial.
Among the seven persons on board the hearse included a Catholic priest whose name was only given as Father Yeboah.
...more to follow later.
Newer news items:
- US firm finds oil in Ghanaian waters
- SSNIT reviews investment strategies
- Fetish priest kills 2 students
- President Mahama informed of Bolewura’s death
- UN report says Ghana still under threat of illicit drug trade
Older news items:
- Veteran soldiers given orders to quit Old Kaladan Barracks
- Accused on trial bolts from courtroom
- ECOWAS leaders order Mali groups to disarm - To start process of dialogue
- Woyome case adjourned because of courtroom recorder malfunction
- Plot to kill me is political- Amasaman MCE
- 28 February Shooting remembered - Busts unveiled in memory of ex-servicemen
- ECOWAS endorses Mumuni, Alan for ACP, WTO top jobs
- Fire ravages factory in South Industrial Area
- RICS Consult appoints Chief Operating Officer
- Siamese twins are dead – less than 2 days after operation
- Gunman attacks Ga West MCE
- Police gun down 3 robbers, hunt for another
- IEA builds capacity of women in decision-making
- Bernard Otabil appointed GM of GNA
- Escapee prisoner captured
- Bui dam to add 400 megawatts power to national grid
- Three in court for defrauding energy company
- ECOWAS leaders deliberate on Mali, Guinea Bissau
- Ghana launches its chapter of Cost of Africa
- Rainstorm destroys property, displaces hundreds