The badly mutilated body of the child, Alex Adjei, has been buried while the driver, Samuel Adu, 25, who was arrested after the incident, has been granted bail pending further investigations.
According to the Eastern Regional Commander of the Police Motor Traffic Transport Unit (MTTU), Chief Superintendent Samuel Tetteh, on that fateful day, Adu, who was driving the taxi-cab, a Nissan Almera with registration number ER 11O3-12, after dropping off a passenger in a house near Asokore, decided to reverse into the main road.
He said in the process, the vehicle ran over the child who had crawled under it.
The Regional MTTU Commander advised drivers, particularly taxi-cab drivers, to be extra careful to avert such calamities.
When the Daily Graphic visited the house, a neighbour confirmed the story and said the grief-stricken parents of the deceased, Mr Isaac Adjei and Ms Sheila Mensah, were not at home.
- Teachers urged to be innovative in teaching science
- Minister pledges govt’s commitment to fighting poor sanitation
- Govt asked to support plantation developers
- Agona West disabled persons receive support
- Fire guts Konkomba Market
- Power supply has improved nationwide - ECG
- Court rejects A-G, FWSC request to join suit against GMA
- Four die in Tesano accident
- We'll audit 'pink sheets' for free - KPMG tells court
- Illegal mining: Five arrested for operating near Pra
- Central Region Police grab three car-snatchers
- Prez inaugurates committee to deal with galamsey
- Girl gives birth to baby with two heads
- NADMO lacks resources to cater for disaster victims — Portuphy
- Encroachers along Baatsona, Achimota Rail lines to be cleared
- Ghana, Canada collaborate in five areas
- ‘Give attention to development communications’
- Twins Foundation supports mother of quadruplets
- Lashibi Community 17 appeals for drains
- Kofitiakrom raises funds for power project
- Basic life skills camp underway in Cape Coast
- Aowin assembly rehabilitates markets
- Eleven SDA pastors ordained
- Aglow prays for Ghana
- West Africa Nobles Forum holds confab in Sogakope