All is set for the Christian Community Music Awards (CCMA) dubbed, the ‘Most Wanted Awards’ ceremony slated for 7p.m. tonight Saturday, May 18, at the National Theatre, Accra, the organisers have confirmed.
The ‘Most Wanted Awards’ event is a sponsored initiative by the Christian Community Micro-Finance Limited (CCML), a division of the Christian Council of Ghana.
It is to showcase, celebrate and reward musical works of deserving gospel artistes whose songs have impacted many lives and are thus the ‘most wanted’ among gospel music fans within the year under review.
According to Ms Jennifer Danquah, CCMA Event Co-ordinator, ‘The Most Wanted Awards’ this year would reward gospel/Christian artistes and gospel songs of diverse forms from categories including: Worship, Praise, Choral/Hymn, Inspirational, Reggae, Rap, Traditional, Contemporary, Song with a Cause, African and many more which were most wanted by gospel music lovers in 2012, which is the year under review.
Special awards such as Most Wanted Artiste, Most Wanted Song, Most Wanted Group or Choir, Lifetime Achievement Award, among others will also be given out.
CCMA has had a huge following across Christian circles and is often seen as an influential platform for the promotion and celebration of diverse forms of gospel music in Ghana and beyond.
After months of planning, preparation, media promotions and public voting which ended on May 16, all is now ready for the grand showcase.
The anticipation among music fans has hit fever-pitch and organisers’ expectation is that of a successful and memorable event in the end.
Gracing the stage at the National Theatre tonight are O.J, Cwesi Oteng, Harmonious Chorale, Pastor Helen Yawson, Koda, LIC Choir, Em’Praise, Impact Project and guest artiste, Samsong (Nigeria).
Tickets are available at Sunny FM and all Van J Eye Care branches as well as at the National Theatre (gates) tonight.
MCs for the night are celebrated gospel singer Nii Okai (of Moko Be fame) and JJD (of Sunny FM).
The ‘Most Wanted Music Awards’ event is supported by Schwepps Malt, Erke, Yetron Services, Riversyl, Ezkwizit Décor, Premium Technologies, Van-J Eye Care, Footprint TV, DHP, eTranzact, Viasat 1, GTV and Sunny FM.
- EL, others for ‘Shake Up’ show
- Highlife time on AU Day
- Choral music feast at Cape Coast Castle
- KAAKIT UP tour will be ‘Too much!’
- Bentsifi’s Tattle: A guy about town
- Cannes film festival suffers $1m jewellery theft
- Eazzy and KOD to host 14th VGMA
- All set for Miss Universe Ghana 2013
- Yvonne Nelson denies relationship rumours
- Who hosts music awards this time?
- What if R2Bees don't win?
- Pay no attention, I'm there
- Dzifaffanie, the celebrity host
- NAFTI celebrates Chris Hesse
- R2Bees nominated for 2013 BET Awards
- Angelina Jolie has double mastectomy
- Big Brother Africa brings The Chase
- Movie Awards statuettes arrive at last
- At the music industry awards
- This is who I am - Jon Germain
- Miss Tourism search begins
- Creativity flows at German festival
- Miss Ghana 2013 pageant set to roll out
- Who is raping who?
- Randy Jackson to leave American Idol