The rumour mill in broadcasting circles had simmered with information for a while that HareyAdjoaYeboaAsuama, better known as OhemaaWoyeje, was planning to switch from Top Radio to Adom FM, both in Accra, and the confirmation eventually came last Monday, January 28.
The ever bubbly Ohemaa had on the previous Friday, said a veiled goodbye to listeners of her Adwuma Mere mid-morning magazine programme on Top Radio when she continually played songs about separation and stated that she would get together again with the listeners at some other time.
She surfaced the following Monday on Adom FM’s mid-morning Work and Happiness programme which she presented with Gideon Okyere Anim, better known as Gatusso.
The programme’s regular host, Jerry Justice has recently moved to the station’s late afternoon slot and Ohemaa has obviously been poached from Top Radio specifically to take care of Work and Happiness.
Ohemaa was in charge of Adwuma Mere for almost six and a half years after taking over from Delay. She managed to develop a keen following with her multi-lingual touch and feisty attitude. She also handled some news and current affairs programmes and was the head of the station’s events department as well.
She was in contention for the Radio Female Presenter of the Year honour at the last Radio and Television Personality Awards alongside Jeremy (Y FM), Delay (Oman FM), Jessica (Citi FM), Miss Naa (Y FM), Doreen Andoh (Joy FM) and Anita (Luv FM).
“I have had offers from several stations for a while and I felt it was time now to explore new frontiers,” Ohemaa said in a chat with Showbiz. “It was purely my decision to move on. I didn’t have any problems with my previous employers. They were nice and supportive but I wanted to take on fresh challenges.”
Nana Apeanti , Head of Programmes at Adom FM and Asempa FM played a key role in Ohemaa crossing over to Adom FM. He compared the radio scene to the football arena where talents move around all the time.
“Players change teams in football and so it is in radio. We had space for certain talents in our outfit and Ohemaa agreed to come along. Our aim is to serve our listeners well and contribute our quota to national development. We will go with anybody who shares that vision and is willing to work with us to achieve it,” Nana Apeanti said.
For now, Ohemaa is still warming herself into Adom FM’s Work and Happiness seat. She had a free hand to mould Adwuma Mere and stamp her authority on it at Top Radio. Adom FM is a new environment for her and listeners would listen out for how she fares there.
Story By: graphic showbiz
- Wannabe actors descend on Roverman
- Dawn crash on NI Highway - McBrown escapes death
- Perhaps I wasn’t born to marry – Gawugatete
- Five nominated for Africamagic viewers awards
- Rex Omar quits GHAMRO Board
- Big Brother Millicent wins Kenya primaries
- Feedback: Straight off the cuff
- Matilda: I’m funny for my fans
- EDITORIAL: “Paper no lie”
- Sherifa, play for Black Stars
- Give me my car - Gospel singer demands of NDC
- Tinny 'disses' Music Awards
- Actors snub actors
- I'm a rebel - Louiska
- Confusion over Beyonce lip-syncing
- My uncle's coffin
- Bomaye breaks up with Promzy on Facebook
- Okoro's first contract
- Skinny, Leggins, or Jeggins ... The’yre all legs
- Black Stars hint at Mmonko - new dance for AFCON
- Tallest teen girl finds love
- Miss Tourism Ghana celebrates successful year
- Afiyo creations
- Don't mind KSM - He held no girls secrets
- High heels make you feel good - New research